Friday 15 January 2010

THE MISSING JEW... - Biased BBC

THE MISSING JEW...: "
A concerned B_BBC reader writes....

'In next week's Radio Times (16-22 Jan 2010) there is an interview with Dermot O'Leary. A quote from the interview is printed over his photo. The quote says:
'I've probably got more in common with a liberal Muslim than a conservative Catholic'
In the interview he actually says:
'I don't like evangelism and I've probably got more in common with a liberal Jew or a liberal Muslim than someone who'd consider themselves a conservative Catholic.'
I have long noted the BBC's blatant anti-Israel bias and though many other observers have often claimed this is actually an anti-Jewish bias I never thought so until I read that article. I am not Jewish but do now believe that those claiming the BBC *has* an anti-Jew bias may well be on to something quite serious. Why on earth have they removed the word Jew from the quote, especially as it was his first mention? Is it an automatic Pavlovian response by sub-editors (or whoever does these things) to remove any Jewish reference if at all possible?'

Why indeed? Also, any thoughts on how many liberal Muslims Dermot is likely to find.....?

Click through to read and contribute comments on this post.

"

No comments:

Post a Comment