Saturday 6 March 2010

Shhhh - Biased BBC

Shhhh: "I’ve been busy recently, but yesterday I started to write this:
*****
What with the election, the fuss about Lord Ashcroft, and the BBC falling apart, you’d think they would tell us about this.
The infiltration of the IFE into the British political system - I hear it’s not just Labour, -- that’s news, isn’t it?
I mean it’s as significant and deeply troubling, if not more so, than this, wouldn’t you say?
*****

I didn't post it then but having read this, I thought I'd better have another go.

Also, I was waiting for something to appear on the BBC, even a review of C4 Despatches, or some oblique mention, but so far nothing comes up when I search the BBC website. Please tell me if I'm wrong.

Even if I'm only a bit right, I am surprised and disappointed that the BBC has made little or nothing of this issue.
It may be that Andrew Gilligan is not the BBC’s favourite person, who knows, but the problem he lays before us is not something to be brushed under the carpet by our state broadcaster.
The BBC is in trouble at the moment I know, and its future is in flux.
But if, as they pledge, the quality of journalism is to be upgraded, how can they ignore something so central to the democratic political system we're supposed to be so proud of?
Can things be so bad that they are afraid to tackle the subject?

In sharp contrast, they have chosen to promote, quite heavily, a long-awaited declaration by a Muslim leader that violence and terrorism are not quite the ticket. The obvious response would be ‘too little too late.’ It is a start, but the orchestrated political infiltration into the UK major political parties by an Islamist outfit is more pressing; a worrying trend that is beginning to look like another nail in Britain’s coffin.

Click through to read and contribute comments on this post.

"

No comments:

Post a Comment