Thursday 4 February 2010

DV AND NEWSNIGHT - Biased BBC

DV AND NEWSNIGHT: "Well now, did YOU catch my fleeting appearance on Newsnight on Monday evening perchance? It's about half ways through. I've been away for the past few days so first chance to catch up and update you on my close encounter with Michael Crick and the guys.



The background is that the political party to which I now belong - Traditional Unionist Voice - held a public meeting at the heart of the constituency of Northern Ireland's First Minister, Peter Robinson. This was our way of making it clear we will challenge his seat at the looming Westminster election. I was one of three speakers on the evening and Newsnight carried a few words. Crick was there and in fairness he did an interview with our Party Leader and then stayed for the duration. He then went off, obviously did some other interviews, labelled me and my colleagues "backwoodsmen" and ensured that the Newsnight item was on message i.e doing deals with terrorists is the right thing to do. Michael said it had been some time since he was in Belfast, I hope he will not leave it so long until the next time he comes back, I want a word with him.

Click through to read and contribute comments on this post.

"

No comments:

Post a Comment