Tuesday 29 December 2009

TRIFFID HORRORS

TRIFFID HORRORS: "Did anyone try watch, as I did, the BBC's new adaptation of John Wyndham's The Day of the Triffids? This was one of the favourite books of my childhood, a cracking yarn in the HG Wells disaster tradition, and - more fool me - I was looking forward to it. Guess what? The producers, i.e. the BBC international conspiracists who see AGW as a religion, had tampered with the plot so that it conformed to their worldview. According to these morons, the triffids developed and got out of control because of global warming and because the wicked fossil-fuel oil companies had modified their genes. So, an old-fashioned morality tale about the problems of human nature descended into a zealous brimstone-and-treacle homily about 'climate change' and the horrors of capitalist greed. Brainwashing? John Wyndham, I am sure, will be turning in his grave!

Click through to read and contribute comments on this post.

"

No comments:

Post a Comment